Welcome to another Issue of SCHOOL NEWS, the newsletter of St Nicholas Preparatory School, Tema. This report covers our activities at St Nicholas from September 2018 until the end of January 2019 and I hope you enjoy reading about the progress we have made during that time.
- We are delighted to have a fantastic new kitchen which was so kindly donated by our Greek sponsors MYTILINEOS SA and totally furnished by them. We had the opening ceremony in December 2018 during our St Nicholas Day celebrations. Words cannot express our thanks to MYTILINEOS SA.
- We have been overwhelmed by the number of donations of clothing and equipment brought to us by the British Airways cabin crews (the BA Mules) who fly between London and Accra and many other donors including schools in the UK. We are so grateful to you all.
- So many people have provided such tremendous support that we have been able to provide our children with wonderful new uniforms and have been able to distribute many items to the wider community locally. This extraordinary generosity has raised our profile in our neighbourhood to our great benefit. St Nicholas helps the community in all manner of ways.
- Our humble thanks to all our donors. May the Good Lord richly bless you all.
- Building work on our new block has had to be halted due to lack of funds and our hopes of obtaining a bus to replace our old Chinese mini bus have so far not materialised, but we live in hopes that another benefactor will again help us soon.
- However, we still hope to be able to accept another intake of local children in September 2019. We will do all we can to find some more space.
- In October the school undertook another environmental clean-up of our beach. We are immensely proud of this aspect of the education which we give to our pupils.
- Our naval cadets and band continue to train every Wednesday and Thursday. Their performances always exceed expectations and we were especially proud of their performance at the St Nicholas Day celebrations in December.
Please do keep me informed of your ideas and improvements for St Nicholas. We would really appreciate any suggestions (firstname.lastname@example.org).